Entry level writing requirement results

All students who will enter the University of California as freshmen must fulfill the Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR). Students can fulfill the ELWR by achieving certain scores on the SAT Evidence Based Reading and Writing (EBRW), ACT Writing, AP English, or IB English test, completing a UC-transferable college English composition courses or by following their campus’s instructions for meeting ELWR.

See more information on the ELWR.

Schools with fewer than 10 students who met the ELWR requirement are combined into an "Other" row within each county, e.g., "OTH ALAMEDA COUNTY." Cells representing fewer than 10 students meeting the ELWR requirement or fewer than 3 students taking the AWPE have been redacted.

SAT/ACT score averages are not available for 2021 and later, and SAT score averages are not available for 2016 due to insufficient data.